We’ve had some wild weather recently which may have put your furnace to the test. While you are confident that your system can handle the cold, the truth is that it may need some extra help to get through the rest of the heating season.
Issues that lead to the need for furnace repair in York, PA will pop up over the years, especially after a season of hard work. If your furnace needs repairs, the best thing you can do is to familiarize yourself with the warning signs so you can schedule service sooner than later.
We can help with all of this, starting with information on the signs that you need a furnace repair.
5 Indicators You Should Schedule Furnace Repairs
You don’t want to wait until your furnace stops working to get repairs. The goal of understanding these warning signs is to get your furnace serviced before it gets this bad. Here are some of the signs to watch for.
- There are concerning noises: Your furnace isn’t going to be silent when it runs but it shouldn’t be noisy either. That’s why you will want to take note of any concerning sounds that are made while the system is running. Be alert to noises such as rattling, hissing, loud buzzing, screeching, or booming which may be created by a variety of issues.
- The furnace is short cycling: If your furnace starts up and only runs for a few minutes before shutting off, then it is short cycling. This is a great reason to schedule repairs ASAP. A variety of issues can cause short cycling but ultimately the sooner this is dealt with, the better, as it takes a major toll on your system.
- It is producing odd smells: Is there a smell that permeates the house when your furnace runs? Maybe there are scents like sulfur, rotten eggs, or even an acrid smell. These are smells that shouldn’t come from your furnace. Make sure to have your system checked if it is creating these smells.
- Energy bills have spiked: There is going to be a change in your energy bill when you use your furnace. However, it shouldn’t be a large change. Noticeably large spikes in your energy bills are a sign that your furnace is really struggling to heat your house. Don’t ignore energy bills that are concerning.
- There are cold spots in the house: Make sure to keep tabs on how well the house is actually heated. Is the temperature relatively even throughout the house or are their rooms that feel untouched? If you noticed prominent cold spots in the house then you have an issue with your furnace system that warrants a call to a trained technician.
Have you noticed any of these issues occurring when you try to run your furnace? If so, then it is a good idea to reach out to our team of professionals for expert assessment and repairs.
Schedule your next furnace repair service with Regal Plumbing, Heating and A/C. Our NATE-certified technicians always make sure to guarantee your satisfaction with every job they do.