As temperatures get colder, you’ll be depending on your heater even more. Making do with a faulty heater just isn’t an option! That being said, there’s no way to prevent every problem. One harsh cold spell can lead to just enough strain on your system to cause it to need a repair.
Our team at Regal Inc wants to make sure that you experience hassle-free heating this winter. One way to ensure its smooth operation is with regular yearly maintenance. But if you’ve had a tune-up and something is still amiss, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn the warning signs of trouble with your heater so that you can contact us for heater repair in York, PA sooner than later.
What Are the Warning Signs That Indicate Your Heater Needs Attention?
Be on the lookout for these warning signs of trouble so you can contact our team for additional heating system service ASAP.
- Your heater is making odd noises. There’s a multitude of unusual noises that may come from a malfunctioning heater. Be on the alert for hissing, screeching, rattling, or clanging from forced-air heating systems such as furnaces or heat pumps. If you have a radiant heating system, you’ll want to listen for hissing or crackling noises, along with any sounds that indicate a leak. With any strange or unusual noises, it is always better to consult a professional about them.
- There is weaker airflow in the house. Any kind of forced-air heater is meant to produce a steady, strong flow of air in your home. If you notice cold spots throughout the house where the warm air isn’t reaching, or that warm airflow throughout the house is just weak, having a technician check your heater would be beneficial.
- Your energy bills are still increasing. Whatever kind of heater you have, you’ll want to keep tabs on your energy bills throughout the months that you use the system. Huge spikes in your energy bills that don’t coincide with increased usage of your heater are worth looking into. Often these increases in your bills indicate a problem.
- The heater is emitting concerning smells. When you run your heating system, does it create a funky smell throughout the house? Maybe it blows warm air that smells like musty, dirty socks which would indicate there are dirty heating components. Or perhaps you notice the distinct smell of burning electrical components. If you have a gas-powered system, you’ll want to keep alert for the smell of sulfur or rotten eggs as it can indicate a hazardous gas leak.
- It is short cycling: This term refers to when the heating cycle is cut short, usually stopping after a few minutes. All kinds of heaters can start to short cycle if they have an operational issue that needs to be dealt with. Get repairs scheduled to get the core cause of this problem identified and addressed quickly.
If you notice that your heater is struggling, don’t ignore it. Instead, get in touch with our team for expert repairs.
Contact Regal Inc to schedule an appointment. Committed to Service, Committed to You, Since 1974.